There are many types of spiders found in Canada. Spiders commonly found in Canadian homes include wolf spiders, house spiders, fishing spiders, cellar spiders, and black widow spiders. You mostly found these spiders in the closets, room corners, boxers, basements, gardens, garages, and dark crevices.
When it comes to spiders’ physical appearance, they have unsegmented bodies with four pairs of legs and two main divisions. Spiders have organs for producing silk used for making webs to catch prey, nests, or cocoons for eggs.
Almost all types of spiders prey on insects. Once they tangle their prey in the web, they make it immobilized by wrapping it in silk. If you are experiencing a significant spider invasion in your place and looking for ways to get rid of them, you first need to identify the spider type. Here in this blog, you will learn about the different types of spiders and tips to get rid of them.
Types of Spider:
Brown Recluse Spider
The brown recluse spider is surprisingly small in size. They are mostly found in dry, abandoned, and hot areas such as rock piles or woods. Their bites don’t always hurt right away, but the symptoms take time to appear. Brown recluse spider when bites its symptoms include:
- Skin allergy or reddened skin.
- Itching for three to eight hours and mild to intense pain.
- Breakdown of tissue, and it can take months to heal.
Some people have a severe reaction to its bits, including anemia and red blood cells’ destruction. Also, some symptoms and signs include:
- Chills and fever
- Red spots, flat purple, and skin rash,
- Vomiting or nausea
- Joint pain.
Wolf spider is a Canadian native, and some people also call it wolf spider Ontario. Sometimes, it looks frightening, but it is not all dangerous or aggressive, like many other types of spiders. Wolf spider only bites when it is threatened, and their venom only causes swelling or mild redness. Wolf spiders can be found in the basement, houseplants, garages, near windows, and many other spots in your place.
Yellow Sac Spider
They are usually found in California and parts of Central America. Some researchers found that Yellow Sac Spiders end in Canada on grapes shipments as they can easily hide in bunches. Their bites are not painful, but their symptoms can linger for days. Their bites can cause pain, redness, and swelling, and sometimes it takes days to get normal.
How Can You Make Your Place Spider Free
When it comes to getting rid of a spider or make your place spider-free, you have considered the following things:
- Make your place clean: dirty homes are the most favorite spots for spiders to make their webs. To keep them out, try to keep your space clean.
- Use lid dustbins: Dustbins attract flies, and this way, your bins are like food courts to this creepy creature.
- Turn the outdoor lights off: Lights attract other insects, and this is what spiders like. By keeping the lights on, you are providing food to spiders
- Get a Cat: It might sound awkward, but your four-legged friend can really make your place spider free. Your fluffy cat will not let a single spider crawl on the furniture or around the floor.