Just as we humans need physical activities to keep ourselves fit and healthy, dogs need physical exercises to release their energy and remain active. If you are a dog owner, you might know that every dog, despite its breed, requires a minimum of 60 minutes of exercise. However, some species need twice the amount of activity to stay in peak health.
Most people help their pets by taking them for a walk or play with them in the backyard to provide them with their exercise routine. But that’s not the same with all dog owners. Some of them are so busy that they cannot provide sufficient time for their canine. For such people, we have brought down the ultimate solution in the form of a dog treadmill. These are the perfect way to enhance your breed’s exercise time, burn off their energy, cut off their excess weight and turn them into an athlete. Although, dog treadmill exercise is not a substitute for traditional exercise and their regular playtime.
If your buddy doesn’t get enough exercise, soon they can fall under the category of obesity. Moreover, due to lack of exercise, they can also get prone to some destructive behavioral issues. Let us discuss some of those problems in detail.
Also read about dog breed for apartments.
Dog Health Issues Caused By Lack Of Exercise:
When a dog is not physically active and lack exercise from their routine, they can develop the below health issues-
- High blood pressure
- Breathing problems
- Heart diseases
- A specific kind of cancer
- Orthopedic disorders
Behavioral Issues Caused By Lack Of Exercise:
An obese dog is an unhappy and bored dog, and when they become sad, they are likely to display destructive behavioral issues such as-
- Barking or crying for attention
- Repeated play biting
- Playing too rough
- Destructive chewing, digging and scratching
- Going the places where they shouldn’t
- Jumping on the couch, counter, and on people
To prevent your canine’s health and behavioral issues, you will need to provide them a sufficient amount of exercise. A treadmill for dogs is an effective way to give the required amount of physical activity your dog needs. You do not have to take your dog outside; you can provide them with exercise at home only. However, it is not easy for you to believe that treadmills are safe for your buddy. That’s why you might wonder, is a treadmill safe for my dog?
Are Treadmills Safe For Dogs?
Insufficient exercise can make your dog have poor stamina, obesity, unresponsiveness, and other severe issues. While dog treadmills have numerous benefits, which are mentioned below-
- Dog treadmill is suitable for indoor exercise during the rainy and harsh climate.
- It helps with your canine’s weight management program.
- It provides a safe and clean place for training.
- It helps to keep your dog fit and healthy, keeping them away from obesity.
Some Best Dog Treadmills Available Online:
Below we have declared a list of the best treadmills for dogs from which you can choose the best one for your canine.
DogPacer Mini Pacer Treadmill-
As the name suggests, the dog pacer Mini Pacer treadmill is specially designed for small dogs. The key features of this product are-
- The product’s brand Dog Pacer is quite popular, and it has designed this treadmill in a red and black color combination.
- Its length, width, and height dimensions are as follows- 42 *21.5 * 28.5 inches. And its deck length is 38 inches.
- The DogPacer Mini Pacer treadmill weighs around 48 pounds.
- Though it is suitable for small-medium dogs, weighing up to 55 pounds.
- Its body is built up with solid and compact carbon steel. Moreover, it comes with a completely portable design.
- The product also engages side guards to ensure that the dog doesn’t go off over the machine’s sides.
- Moreover, you can easily collapse the sides for your convenient storage.
- For your in-depth knowledge regarding the product, it comes with multiple preset dog fitness and exercise programs.
- This small dog treadmill speed can be set from 0.5 MPH up to 7.5 MPH in 0.1 MPH increments.
Pro Tip: The Dog pacer mini pacer is affordable and a natural product you can trust completely. It keeps your dog’s health on track and is easy to access.
Also read about small dog syndrome.
Go Plus Treadmill, Pet Running Machine for Small and Medium-Sized Dogs-
The Go Plus Treadmill is suitable for both small and medium-sized dogs. This pet fitness equipment comes with remote control and a display screen. Mentioned below are its essential features-
- The Go Plus product is renowned, and the dog treadmill comes in black color.
- The item weighs around 47 pounds with the corded electric power source.
- The speed rate of the product is 7.5 miles per hour.
- Its display screen is 1.4 inches.
- As you know, lack of exercise can cause your dog to have poor stamina, slow response, and obesity. It is optimal for both small and medium-sized dogs.
- The treadmill contains a remote-control facility that can be operated wirelessly. Its display shows speed, time, calories, and distance.
- The Go Plus treadmill has 12 modes that can be set easily with multiple speed adjustment and timing functions.
- It is also armed with a safety key that will stop when your dog pulls it out. There is also an urgency stop button on the remote control.
- The Go Plus is made with high-quality material made of 600 oxford cloth, ABS, and iron pipe.
- This waterproof and detachable oxford cloth blocks the pet’s line of sight. And it has a crossbar that binds the dog’s leash to help them exercise better.
Pro Tip: The product is easy to install. It can take only 20 minutes to install it. Moreover, it has built-in wheels for easy movement and storage.
PETSITE Dog Treadmill-
The PETSITE dog treadmill is suitable for a pet dog for small and medium-sized dog breeds. This pet-friendly treadmill comes with an LCD screen and LBS capacity. Additional key features include-
- The PETSITE brand dog treadmill includes the dimensions length, width, and height size 49 * 21 * 28 inches.
- The item weighs 49 pounds, and its deck length includes 38 inches.
- The product provides a double safety mechanism to protect your pet; the safety key can be pulled out to pause the treadmill at any time.
- If you find any danger for your dog, you can press the ‘off button on the remote control to stop the machine.
- The dog treadmill is remote controllable when you are walking across rooms. Its 1.4-inch LCD clearly shows the speed, time, distance, and calories.
- Its 12 modes provide for multiple speed and time settings.
- The product is composed of premium ABS and iron pipe, giving the product a solid construction and strong load-bearing of 200 pounds.
- The two-sided panels are made of 600D waterproof and detachable oxford cloth, blocking the pet’s surrounding area, letting them concentrate on exercising.
Pro Tip: You only need 20 minutes to install the built-in wheels for easy movement. Its three adjustable heights for the base to meet the needs of different pets.
GOPET PetRun PR720F Dog Treadmill-
The GOPET pet run is suitable for indoor exercise and fitness kits. The features of the product can be described as-
- The item dimension Length, Width, Height of the product is 15 * 123 * 74 inches.
- The product weighs 123 pounds, and speed ratings are 7.5 miles per hour.
- The dog weighing up to 132 pounds, the tread running area is 52 * 16.
- Its low-running platform is convenient for dogs with remote and manual control.
- Its speed and timer control can help the dog with speed limitations.
- It contains emergency safety control along with a dog chain holder.
- Its speed can vary from 0.6 to 7.5 MPH.
Pro Tip: The primary quality of the product is its silent driving system provides quiet operation.
SHELANDY Pet Treadmill-
This intelligent and motorized treadmill for small and medium-sized dogs is another treadmill for quite popular dogs. Its characteristics can be discussed below-
- The treadmill can be used for breeds up to 25″ in length. This does not include the tail.
- The running area size is- 40 inches in length by 17 inches in width.
- Its running speed varies from 0.5 to 0.75 MPH. Inclining 5 to 9 degrees.
- Its motor power contains: 3/ 4HP/ AMPS- 4.5/ Voltage- 110-120 only.
Pro Tip– its safety system allows automatically switching off every 30 minutes of work.
SRFDD Dog Treadmill-
This fitness pet treadmill contains the below features-
- The treadmill provides a quiet motor specifically designed to hold large breed dogs up to 220 pounds.
- The motor is designed to remain quiet so it can work better for nervous dogs.
- The treadmill can be set with a speed limit between 0.49 to 7.4 miles per hour.
- The product can work with walking speed to speed by multi-speed control function.
- It can help with dog training, exercise, weight loss, and weight management to maintain a healthy body.
Pro Tip– the treadmill operation is very silent, and it is easy to access. Its displays show speed and time. Moreover, it is suitable for large dogs for indoor exercise.
GOPET Treadmills for Large Dogs-
This GOPET treadmill is specially designed for large dog breeds. The features include-
- The product is intended for large dogs up to 175 pounds.
- The treadmill provides an excellent source of exercise for oversized and overweight dogs.
- The product is an excellent alternative when the weather outside is not permissible for dogs.
- You can adjust the treadmill’s speed for walking and a quick run.
- The GOPET treadmill has dolly wheels that provide easy flexibility.
- It also has a metal eyelet that permits a toy to get attached.
Pro Tip: The product is suitable for owners who do not have enough space that dog requires.
Above, we have indexed some of the best treadmills for dogs. These treadmills can provide your canine with exercise that can keep them healthy and fit. These treadmills can provide sufficient indoor training despite the lousy weather outside.
Also read information on how to treat dog dry skin.