Poodles are a clever, elegant, and impressive dog breed. They are also known as intelligent dog breeds in the world. They are highly trainable and are well-suited with any family; they will perform any task you put on them. However, as a poodle-owner, you need to remember that bored poodles can become destructive quickly when they are not boosted physically and mentally. On the other hand, when the active owners fulfill their poodle’s needs they will find a loving, intelligent, trainable, and loyal family companion.
While discussing poodles, we cannot forget that people also fall in love with them besides their nature and temperament because of their fluffy, dense, and curly coats. As lovely as poodles and their furs are, grooming their coats can be a terrible job.
But grooming is necessary for all dog breeds for their comfort and health. Grooming becomes more critical when you have a dog breed that has thick and curly coats. Moreover, there can be various reasons why owners shave or trim their canine skin. The primary reason is the hot weather in which poodles go through heat waves where they get uncomfortable with their heavy and fluffy coats.
Poodle Grooming Basics
However, many poodle owners are not aware that grooming their poodles will enhance their healthy growth. Dog coats can bring many health issues with them, which is why grooming becomes a priority. A good owner will always want his pet to be healthy, which is why he or she will find the best tools and techniques to groom his little friend. A kind-hearted owner knows that thorough shaving of a poodle can harm instead of doing good.
If the coats are fully shaved, they will become more prone to sunburn. On the other hand, while in winters, they will suffer from harsh cold winds if their fur is shaved completely. In short, shaving your poodle’s coat or hair entirely is not the right solution. Let’s take a look at the poodle’s grooming and what tools you can use to groom your poodle.
Also read everything about dog sinus infection.
The Poodle Coat:
Poodles have been famous not only because of their cute and affectionate nature but also because they carry coats that shed less. Their coats are valid for all poodle sizes- standard poodle, miniature poodle, and toy poodle. All these types of poodles have similar coats.
They have a single layer of fur, distinct from other dog breeds, which usually have double coats. Which means they lack undercoats. The undercoat in some species is soft, which provides them with some insulation. Poodles do not have this layer. Instead, they have an outer layer of dense and curly fur. These curls do not shed much, but still, you need to brush them regularly to remove tangles and mats.
Their coats keep on growing, and if they are not trimmed from time to time, they will grow in long cord-like dreadlocks. And then it will be more challenging for you to care for their coats since, in such a condition, bathing and drying your poodle’s coat can take several days.
More About Poodle Grooming:
Grooming a poodle can be done at home or with the help of a professional. Going with either of the options is your choice. But before you start grooming your poodle’s coats, you will need to grab the right tools and products to see the best results. Some of the must-have tools are as follows-
- Dog clippers
- Slicker brush
- Dog shampoo
- Dog conditioner
If you choose to go with a professional, you don’t have to worry about the tools. The professionals carry all the necessary tools with them. But if you choose to do it all by yourself at home, you will need to take all the essential tools and think of a grooming style.
Best Dog Grooming Clippers For Poodles:
Below are some reviews of the best clippers for dogs, which poodle owners and professionals alike.
Oneisall Dog Shaver Clippers Low Noise Rechargeable Cordless Electric Quiet Hair Clippers Set
The Oneisall Dog Shaver has a built-in Li-ion battery; this rechargeable dog trimmer is known for its exceptional flexibility. Which can be used while it is charging, so you don’t have to stop trimming in between.
- Its sharp blades allow you to do a smooth trim.
- The clipper’s stainless steel fixed blade and moving ceramic blade can result in outstanding performance.
- The blade is easily detachable and easy to change and clean.
- With low vibration and quiet noise, which is only about 50 dB, it helps your poodle to feel at ease and comfortable while trimming.
- These best clippers for dogs are designed with six guard combs containing the following sizes- 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm, and 18mm.
- This adjusting clipping comb is applicable for clipping hairs of various lengths.
Pro tip- if your poodle has long and thick coats, you will first need to use scissors to cut the length shorter at first; the clippers may bind up and will not work correctly.
Also read about how to stop dogs from fighting.
Wahl Easy Pro
The Wahl Easy Pro is another among the best dog grooming clippers, allowing you cordless and corded facilities. This easy pro is rechargeable and enables the user to for both corded and wireless applications.
- The product allows clipping and trimming with good battery power with low-noise for stress-free grooming.
- Its detachable blades are easy to remove, which makes them easy to clean.
- You will only need to remove the edges and run them under water to rinse off all of your pups’ excess fur from it.
- The Wahls clipper contains a carbon blade that remains sharp for smooth trimming and creates a beautiful experience for your canine.
- The Wahl Pro Quality clipper will reduce your trips to the professional dog groomer.
- The thing which attracts users to the product is that it is very much cost-effective.
- Moreover, it handles all dog coats from single to double layer, whether small or large dog breed.
- The product will save both your time and money.
Pro tip: The product allows for simple coat length identification, easy glide through heavy coats, and this kit also includes good storage.
Andis UltraEdge Super 2- Speed Detachable Blade Clipper-
The Andis Ultra Edge clipper is best known for its design, durability, and strengthening performance.
- The durability of this clipper is assured.
- The Andis dog grooming clippers are durable and build-up by a fall-resistant and shatterproof casing.
- Though it is not cordless, it has a long cord that helps a lot reach the clipping range.
- The arrangement for this design is that the line makes sure that the device has power during the grooming session.
- The Andis UltraEdge is among the best dog clippers because of its dual-motor system.
- The user can choose between 2700 strokes per minute (SPM) for smooth trims and can go for the more powerful option of 3400 SPM.
- The best part of the product is they advertise their clippers with a poodle dog model.
Pro tip: The only disappointment with this product is that it comes with only the #10 blade size, so you will have to get the other measures.
Wahl Professional Animal Arco Cordless Clipper Kit-
Wahl Arco is one of the best poodle clippers, which comes in a 5 in 1 blade system. The measures are 9, 10, 15, 30, and 40. The product is easy to use because all you have to do is select one mode and start your job. The primary features of this product include-
- The product provides a cutting stroke at the rate of 5,500 per minute motor, which is most efficient for quality and non-pulling trim.
- As it is cordless, it provides more motion flexibility while grooming.
- The product’s lightweight body and appropriate design reduce the probability of wrist tiredness.
- The battery life of this clipper is long-lasting. It can last up to 80 minutes on 75 minutes of charging.
- Lastly, the Wahl Arco Cordless is made with solid and lasting casing material that ensures the accidental drop does not damage the elements.
Pro Tip: The clipper becomes impressively famous in the animal grooming industry. Some users also say that it came when they required the perfect clipper for poodle grooming.
Oster A5 Two Speed Animal Grooming Clipper with Detachable Cryogen-X-
Oster brand is quite well-known for its quality clippers tough enough for your poodle hair. The features of these best dog grooming clippers for poodles can be discussed.
- The product has speed up to 4,000 SPM.
- To control the device, sometimes users reduce the speed to about 3,000 SPM.
- Though the product comes with a #10 Cryogen Blade, you can purchase a complete range of blade sizes from Oster.
- Oster A5 Two Speed Animal Grooming Clipper comes with a comprehensive blade system that makes the poodle grooming faster.
- The structure of this clipper is durable and is created to last. The blades are made up of pro-grade carbon steel.
- Compared to other professional dog clippers, this product is relatively heavier, but it doesn’t cause any ache on the user’s hand.
Pro Tip: The only drawback of this device is that it only dispatches as wired. This is the only downside of this clipper, as wires reduce the product’s flexibility and mobility.
AIBORS Dog Clippers for Grooming Professional 12V High Power Plug-In
The AIBORS clipper can be used for poodles and other pets who have thick coats. The fantastic features of this product are mentioned below-
- The product contains a high-quality blade. Its fixed stainless-steel blade is combined with moving ceramic.
- This long-lasting product offers smooth and robust trimming.
- It is suitable for not only poodles but other dog breeds also. It works without hurting your pet’s skin.
- AIBORS electric dog clippers with a 12V strong motor that works 7,500 rates per minute.
- Its high rotating speed provides reliable and lasting power to the running blades. This means you can trim your puppy’s hair without blocking or pulling.
- The clipper contains four different length blade levels of 1.0 mm, 1.3 mm, 1.6 mm, and 1.9 mm. It also includes four different combs 3 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, and 12 mm.
- This professional dog grooming contains a high-speed copper axis motor and super mute sound-absorbing technology.
- The product is highly cost-effective, and it saves both your time and money.
Pro Tip: The AIBORS dog grooming kit comes with a cleaning brush and a bag along with a one-year warranty.
HANSPROU Dog Shaver Clippers
The HANSPROU dog clipper comes with a high power and low noise plug-in. These professional grooming clippers come with guard combs for dogs and other pets. Following are some key features of this product-
- This 12V high power and strong speed clipper have a powerful motor with no hair sticking, plug, or play.
- You do not need to charge it again and again to provide stable and robust power.
- Its high-quality titanium alloy blade with the ceramic moving blade provides excellent cutting.
- The detachable blades are easy to remove and clean. Compared to other dog clippers, the HANSPROU unique 35-tooth cutter heads are sharp, efficient, and durable.
- The clipper comes with low vibration and an ultra-quiet design. When the clipper is on, the noise is only 50 dB to help the pet feel at ease.
- The product comes with four-guard combs and 5 level shifts with two adjusting modes. These modes are applicable for trimming hair of different lengths.
Pro Tip– using the HANSPROU, you can trim your dog’s coats with quick and easy length changes. The aluminum alloy fuselage comes with two years of warranty.
Poodles are undoubtedly a loving and affectionate dog breed, but at the same time, it is also the most challenging dog breed to groom. Though, it is not difficult to groom a poodle if you choose the best clipper. With a great set of clippers, you can quickly learn how to groom your pet. We have provided the top best clippers for poodle’s information for you to buy the best one.
Also read everything about dog training.